Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Big 28!

Yesterday was Andy's birthday!!! We celebrated in the morning with waffles and opening of presents. For dinner, I tried to make a fancy dinner and a fancy cake. Well the fancy dinner part worked pretty well (other than the fact that I was about an hour behind schedule- oops! Did I say we were eating at 7? I guess I meant 8!)

The cake, which was vanilla with strawberry butter cream icing was a little bit of a different story! It tasted great, but the high altitude cooking got me once again and one of the cakes fell in. However, we quickly problem solved by cutting out the middle that was sunken in putting the remaining ring of cake on the top to build a "creative cake."

If you are thinking that the cake looks "well done" on the bottom then you are correct. However, it was cooked all the way through=)...
Andy and Jared with the finished creation

Close up shot


Andy's birthday goodies

After breakfast....with Jared's cool L.A. shoes in the background

2 comments:

  1. Way to cook Pattie! These are the way memories are built :) I love your cake--it really still looks beautiful. And that's great that Jared is visiting. If he's still there, tell him I said hello and a happy birthday to Andy!

    ReplyDelete