Second, it was my birthday on Thursday! I told the kids at school that it started snowing just because it was my birthday!ha! But really, it was a great day. Andy made us waffles in the morning before school and we went out to dinner to this great Italain spot near our house- a new favorite restaurant. Then early the next day I flew home to be with my family for my cousin, Allison's wedding. It was a wonderful event and we had a blast celebrating with her and her new husband, Andy (the third one in the family!). It was also GREAT to be home with my family and spend time with my cousins. It was my last time at home before my parents' big move to Spartanburg, SC- wow, very bittersweet! Carolyn has all the pictures from the weekend so when I get them, I'll post again.Last, my parents had to put out sweet family dog, Winston, to sleep recently =( The house felt so different without him around this weekend, but he did live 14 long years and we have great memories of him. Here's a picture of him from last Thanksgiving. Carolyn and I had dressed him up in a Wake Forest fleece ( which we of course loved and Douglas hated=))
Other than that, the last bit of news is that I have started full time at work. It was a decision that Andy and I thought a lot about, but the opportunity just feel into my lap and the job is just what I have been wanting. It has been great so far, but I'll blog about that another day=)...
oh no! pattie i didn't know we lost little winston. :-( im so sad. what a sweet lil guy. miss you!!
ReplyDelete