Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mt. Humboldt

Since ski season has pretty much come to a close, Andy and Sean decided to take a trip to the Sangre de Cristo mountains and climb Mt. Humboldt. They left on Friday night, camped close to the trailhead and climbed on Saturday. Here are a few pictures from their trip:


Friday Night Campsite



Sean coming up the ridge in the snowstorm (looks cold!!)


Long approach to the summit


Andy trying to smile in the bright sun on top!


View from the top


Summit view


On the way back down

I am glad they had fun (glad it was not be me camping in the snow) and glad they are back safe!


1 comment:

  1. It's so crazy how yall still have snow around this time of year out there! I know that's how it is out West and up north. But here in Florida I forget sometimes! haha Hope all is well. Our vacations this Spring have included Key West and Napa/ San Fran. Key West--totally sunshine and sundresses. Napa was pretty chilly though!

    ReplyDelete