Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Longs Peak

On Saturday, Andy and I hiked Longs Peak. We hiked to the Boulderfield on Saturday and spent the night before attempting to summit on Sunday. It was definitely an adventure to spend the night in a field of boulders with the wind whipping around all night, but the views were incredible and we ran into my old roommate and her new husband on the trip which made for a really fun surprise. So all in all we had a great time; however, I think that I am retiring my hiking boots for the season. Next time Andy wants to go hiking, I'll let him invite a friend=)!

On the way up...

The view looking back towards where we startedAt the start of the Boulderfield. The Keyhole is off in the distance.Our campsite at the Boulderfield. It was a very windy night!Approaching the KeyholeThis picture gives me a heart attack, however, the climb really wasn't as steep as the picture makes it look!We saw Emily and Gregory all the way from Nashville!!! I couldn't believe it!! Of all the places to run into each other!!Hiking out on SundayThe beautiful blue skies

1 comment:

  1. Matt wants me to say, "nice calves, Andy" (the last picture, where you are flexing them, yeah that one).

    ReplyDelete