Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving in Denver

Taking "the bird", nicknamed Henry=) to Christine's house
What do the neck and giblets look like??! Do we have to stick our hand in it?!
Christine was the brave one, cleaning out most of the inside. Now it's time to stick it in the oven!
Resting on a rock chair while hiking in Boulder

Overlook at the end of the hike...Gorgeous day-it was almost 70 degrees outside!
The turkey is done and looks pretty good right?! We were proud of ourselves
Some photos in front of the neighborhood Christmas tree...

Eating with the whole crew at Christine and Matt's house
Christine, Matt, Jake, me, and Andy

Andy and I spent our first holiday as just "our family" for Thanksgiving this year. We were sad to be without either of our families and missed seeing them, but we did have a great time with our friends Matt and Christine Whinery. They are friends that we are very thankful to have out here. Not only are we both new to Denver, but they live in our neighborhood and Matt is also a resident (he's medical though)! We have felt so blessed to have met them.

Christine and I cooked most of the meal- the major part being the turkey! Needless to say, neither Christine or I had ever cooked a turkey before but we did it, and everyone said it was good (is that what they really thought?!=)). But regardless, we had a great time and were very full by the end of the night!

During the day, Andy and I went to Boulder to hike around. It was unusually warm here (reaching nearly 70) so it was great to get some fresh air and exercise. Since Thursday we have just been hanging out, getting Christmas decorations out, and putting up our tree. Today we went skiing at Keystone. I am also trying to start some paintings so I got some new canvases and paint=) So all in all it was a great Thanksgiving~ full of fun, good food, good friends, beautiful weather, and most of all Andy and I have had such thankful hearts for how we have been provided for out here.

1 comment: