Heading back to the car...I made Andy smile for this picture=)
Jumped out of the car to snap this quick photo at Loveland pass...it was gorgeous!On Saturday Andy and I went skiing for the first time this season. We left our house at 8 a.m. Saturday morning and were skiing by 9:30...crazy, huh?! The mountain wasn't too crowded and we were able to ski for a couple hours before heading back to the car. It was so nice to be relaxed about skiing and not feel the pressure of having to ski all day. I kept repeating how awesome it was that we live so close to all these amazing skiing mountains!=)
Ok, so I need to back up a little because yes it was a fun day of skiing, but no I did not jump right into it as I thought I would! When we got to A-Basin I was feeling confident-I haven't been skiing in a year, but I figured it was like riding a bike- I would jump right back in with no problem. Wow, was I wrong!!! When we got off the first lift and started to head down I froze. #1 The mountain looked sooooooo steep and straight down #2 People were flying by #3 Andy had waxed my skiis so I was having trouble stopping myself!!...you get the picture!haha. I was terrified. I made it down the first run but by the time Andy and I were on the lift ready to head up to the next run I was telling him that I was considering converting to cross-country skiing! He was trying to make me feel better by pointing out all the people who were beginners on the slope. Ha!
The second run was much better and by the third run I was actually starting to have fun! I realized that I just needed a little time to warm back up and get back into the swing of it. By the end of our day skiing, I decided it might be a bit extreme to rule out downhill skiing completely so we are already making plans to go skiing next weekend with friends. So all in all the day ended well but WOW- it was a rough start=)!
No comments:
Post a Comment