Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Little Things


As my final week of summer break starts to wind down, I have been reminded of the simple, but pleasurable things, that I have enjoyed during this summer in Denver:

1. Going on midday runs in the park
2. Gopher spottings in the park
2. Painting
3. Cooking
4. Reading books for fun
5. Watching the Today Show and Regis & Kelly
6. Sunbathing at the pool
7. Walking to the grocery store
8. Visiting the Botanical Gardens
9. Driving all over in an attempt to familiarize myself with the city

This has been such a unique summer. Since I have been away from friends and family in a new place, my first weeks in Denver have been spent primarily in quality "me time"...i.e. hanging out alone!ha!! I can't recall any other time in my life where I have had this much time to rest and to wake up each day without a set plan or agenda. It has been a refreshing and peaceful time and I am thankful for it.

Now it's time to dive into the teaching and grad school! wahoo!....

No comments:

Post a Comment