Monday, June 6, 2011

Poudre Canyon

It is finally warm enough for camping! I am sure that I have said this on the blog before, but camping is my absolute favorite thing to do in Colorado! I love the smell of the campfire, the cool CO nights, the amazing spectacle of stars (and shooting stars) in the night ski, playing endless games of gin rummy by lantern light in the tent, waking up as the sun rises on a new day, etc., etc., etc...! Anyway, Andy and I packed up our camping gear and headed to Poudre Canyon on Friday and camped for the night at an incredible campsite.

Our campsite in the morning sun

Chopping wood for our fire

The successful fire blazing!

Cooking some all organic hotdogs (pretty tasty) for dinner!

Trying out our Eno tent (made in Asheville). Such a fun purchase...we will be bringing this to the beach Gabbert people!

2 comments: